Accomplished data scientist, data engineer and machine learning engineer specialized in digital health. Experienced in academic research as well as design, development of software solutions and bringing them to production.
Experienced in deep learning applications for health records and medical imaging. Well versed in object-oriented programming languages, algorithms, and advanced data structures. Skilled in GNU/Linux administration.
Eagerly explores new technologies, techniques, and trends in machine learning and software development.
Senior Data Scientist, May 2019 - December 2020
- Performed analysis and processing of large quantities of continuous patient data and conducted research on predicting severe outcomes in the intensive care setting.
- Developed a recurrent neural network based model for predicting post-operative complications.
- Designed the software architecture incorporating the machine learning model.
- Led and conducted the development in accordance with processes for the product to be certified under Medical Device Regulation.
- Integrated the product with the hospital’s infrastructure and deployed it
Data Engineer, June 2018 - March 2019
- Led the effort to build a vast dataset of medical mammography images in collaboration with multiple healthcare sites in Europe.
- Anonymized and processed hundreds of thousands of images for use in a machine learning project.
- Developed the backend for an online platform for X-ray image annotation.
- Participated in development of a convolutional neural network based deep learning model for detecting and classifying abnormalities in mammography images.
Research Programmer, November 2013 - May 2018
- Conducted research on computational representation learning and its application to electronic medical records.
- Developed supervised models using recurrent neural networks, noisy medical data to predict multi-label targets.
- Designed and developed a web application for visualization of medical history employing semantic embedding for medical concepts.
- Compared efficacy of different data formats and common predictive models for medical outcome prediction.
- Implemented algorithms for statistical modeling in Python and C optimizing for speed and API simplicity.
- Configured and maintained a GNU/Linux based computation server.
Software Developer, September 2012 - November 2013
- Developed and maintained several web applications for human genetic research data management and collaboration.
- Designed and developed mobile applications for iOS and Android including a computer vision program for genetic sample management.
- Configured and maintained a GNU/Linux based web and database servers.
Software Developer/Research Assistant, September 2010 - September 2012
- Developed large structural biology oriented databases and web applications for research collaboration and communicating results to the public.
- Configured and administered a network of highly utilized GNU/Linux based servers.
- Expanded the web-based laboratory information management system, by providing unified data storage, improving data visualization and sharing capabilities in structural genomics laboratories.
- Developed a high-throughput pattern recognition system, which automatically scans images in search of protein crystals.